886 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2020-06-23 23:50:40

•   Level 2   
    (16) points

2020-06-05 01:00:28
     need 2nd ford key for programming, 
    physical chip key not available locally
     10days out when ordered
    Need immediately
    Spec sheet says emulates 4d chip, 4c being very similar with less data? 
    4d chip like ford blank h92 
    4c chip like ford blank h89

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-06-05 04:41:46 (Reply to:)

APB112 is a basically used as a Smart key Emulator to add a spare key to a Toyota in a all keys lost scenario. I think some other applications it needs a XP400 programmer. As far as chips in Ford keys it's uncharted territory for people like you to make you tube videos for other folk to watch and give a thumbs up if it works. LOL

•   Level 2   
    (16) points

2020-06-21 08:04:32 (Reply to:witsend)
     As stated I have the xp400 programmer.
    I'm aware of its use for Toyota emulator
    My question was regarding the similarities since both use 4D chip
    However the only interface ive been able to access is the OEM specific method, I was more looking for software that would let me imitate a blank 4D chip, on my apb112 
    I ended up sourcing another blank key and was able to program 2 keys via OEM method
    Its really annoying to wait on parts when I have $10K on specialty tools that could do what I want if somebody would just give us key cloning software like hardware stores use, we already have the xp400, why does the vvdi2 do the things we want but xp400 doesn't? Surely all it takes is somebody to write the software and update us

I have no interest in YouTube making. Nor the time. I've got a thumb for ya

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-06-23 23:50:40 (Reply to:)

How true. The Hardware is capable but the software isn't quite there yet to allow us to do what we really want and expect of the the Hardware .Case in point, look at the MP408 Maxi Scope. Nice Hardware but software wise not close to a PICO.I'm sure if the software was more developed, I would have been able to simply reset a used OE Toyota Smart key to a new status (like the vvdi2 does  )and add the customer's used Smart key to work on a 2013 Camry Hybrid.Autel doesn't even provide warning that the Smart Key to be added can't be a used key Autel also could have made an XP200 to include the Mercedes IR key slot which would have been logical and useful. I don't see myself getting much deeper into things where module boards need to be accessed with soldering Jumper wires and stuff to justify adding a XP400 to my IM508 yet.Lol. Maybe release an XP300 that adds an IR key slot.
  Total1 Pages